What Hair Colour Suits Your Eye Colour The Best, A Colour Guide
If eyes are the windows to the soul then we want to make sure we have beautiful face-framing locks to accentuate them. While it isn’t the make-it-or-break-it factor, eye colour is something to consider when wanting to switch up your shade. While eye colour and hair colour compliment one another like two peas in a pod, your personality and skin tone shouldn’t be discredited in your hunt for the perfect hue. We’ve made a guide to pick the bespoke hair shade for your eye colour - keep scrolling!
Eye Colour + Skin Tone = The Hair Colour For You
Before asking what hair colour suits your eye colour, we first need to learn the role skin tone plays in the equation. Skin undertones are grouped into two main categories: cool and warm. If you’re wondering what end of the spectrum you fall on, here are three easy steps to suss it out.
Find natural light (certain light bulbs can interfere with your true tone so natural is always best).
- Examine the colours of the veins on the inside of your wrist.
- If your veins look blueish-purple then you have a cool skin tone.
- If your veins appear green then you have a warm skin tone.
- Consider how your skin reacts to the sun.
- If you become a bronzed goddess in the sun and rarely burn, you likely have a warm skin tone.
- If you burn easily but are blessed with cute freckles in the summer, you’re probably a cool skin tone.
Eye and Hair Colour: A Guide
If you’re searching for a shade that matches your oculars then rest assured, we’ve done the research so you don’t have to. The right hair colour can make your eyes pop. Without further ado, let’s explore how to make your eye and hair colour a dynamic duo, while also taking into account skin tone.
Blue and Grey Eyes
Your baby blues deserve to shine bright like the sky. You want to pick shades that makes them as deep as the ocean.
- Blue eyes with warm skin tones: warm brondes and honey hues are flawless with blue eyes and this complexion. If you want something bolder, try a maroon red. The colour helps create a beautiful contrast with your blue eyes whilst complementing your warmer skin tone. Feeling daring? Redken HD Resolution hair colours are demi-permanent (last about 20 washes) and add HD depth to your natural tone so you can flirt with a new eye-flattering shade without having to commit.
- Blue eyes with cool skin tones - this eye-skin combo is notoriously famous for pairing well with ash colours: think ashy blonde and brown - even silver! If you want to experiment with more colourful hues then try a metallic blue or pastel purple. Cool on cool, we love it.
Brown is the colour of some of our favourite things - coffee, chocolate, crunchy autumnal leaves… we could go on. Embrace the beauty of your brown orbs by pairing them with the perfect hair colour
- Brown eyes with warm skin tones: Honey blonde, caramel highlights and darker shades (espresso, mocha) are always a winner when matched with brown eyes and a warmer complexion. Feeling more daring? Try a warm rose gold - this gorgeous hair colour is always a winner with brown eyes.
- Brown eyes with cool skin tones: cool, pale skin tones with beautiful browns compliment cool blonde and brunette hues - how about baby blonde? For a crazy shade switch, go metallic lilac or silver grey.
If your eyes are green, you’re a rare gem - only around 2% of the world’s population has them! Accentuate these little treasures and highlight your natural beauty.
- Green eyes with warm skin tones: if you’re aiming for a more natural look, go for rich auburns and copper reds. If you want to stand out, an electric purple can really make green eyes stand out.
- Green eyes with cool skin tones: platinum, icy blonde hair colours pair astonishingly well with green eyes. If you’re a pastel colour addict then try a cool peach shade to make those green eyes glow. L’Oréal Professionnel #COLORFULHAIR is a favourite amongst pros to try out vivid colours.
Tip: if your eye colour is hazel look to see if there are more hints of brown or green and refer to the above.
Our colour guide was made to inspire you, but you and your stylist know best - be sure to book in a consultation with your stylist to clarify what hues you should rock according to your eye colour and skin tone. No matter what, just be certain that the colour you choose will be one that makes you feel confident - and most importantly - you!
I like this article
Be the first to like this article
Oops, something went wrong! Please try again later...