We’re bringing you a list of hair-hacks to help you master the most comfortable hairstyles for under your hijab, which can be fixed in an instant, and prevent damage to your hair- win, win!
How To Blow Dry Your Hair - The Tips From The Pros
Blow drying with a hair dryer all looks so easy when you’re in the salon chair… But that elusive blow dry of dreams doesn’t come so easily when it’s just you, the hair dryer and a mane of freshly-washed hair at home.
So, how to blow dry hair DIY but achieve a salon-like finish? It takes practice, patience, a line-up of styling products and hair drying tips according to the pros.
Read on for the insider hair drying tips to blow dry like a pro.
Hello, Hair Dryer
Bathrooms might be the place to wash your hair, but it’s not the room to use the hair dryer. One of the most obvious hair drying tips is to move your dryer to a different (dry) room to avoid potential frizz and kinks.
If you’ve just had a shower or bath, the circulating moisture can affect the finish of your blow dry so it’s harder to achieve a flawless finish. Towels are important too when it comes to how to blow dry hair like a pro but save time, according to super-stylist Paul Edmonds, his hair drying tips include:
How To Blow Dry Your Hair
Top hair drying tips: Mixing up your brushes and products at different stages of your blow dry is key to achieving that bouncy, salon finish.
Begin at the front and work backwards with the brush and hair dryer to inject lift and volume at your roots.
Six Major Hair Dryer Hacks
Up your blow dry game with insider hair drying tips that you might have missed in the salon. Read on for Paul Edmonds six step how-to:
1. When you’re shampooing, finish with a cold rinse to close the hair cuticle and boost the shine of your blow dry.
2. Before you reach for the hair dryer, prep the hair with a thermo product like Shu Uemura Blow Dry Beautifier, which will give you heat protection and ease of styling during your blow dry.
3. Rough dry your hair upside down with your hair dryer to increase volume from the roots so you get a bouncier blow dry.
4. Always finish your blow dry with a cold blast from your hair dryer to cool down the roots and hold the style and lift. It also prevents perspiration, which can cause your hair to drop.
5. Lightly mist on L'Oréal Professionnel Tecni.ART Morning After Dust at the roots to prevent oils and one of hair drying tips: make your blow dry last longer.
6. For a blow dry quick-fix, spray Shu Uemura Wonder Worker onto towel-dried hair. Focus on the mid-lengths and ends and comb through to spread the product evenly and speed up your blow dry time.
When To Book In For A Blow Dry
There are times when only a salon blow dry will do. Avoid a major blow-out fail if you have a special occasion in your diary and don’t want to risk your hair falling flat 15 minutes after leaving the house.
Blow Dry Kit List
Hone how to blow dry hair at home with this trio of product miracle workers, as recommended by Paul Edmonds. Just add hair dryer and follow the hair drying tips from above!
1. Shu Uemura Art of Hair Wonder Worker – Like your hair dryer’s best friend. A primer that prevents frizz and helps speed up your blow dry.
2. Redken Pillow Proof Blow Dry Express Primer Spray – this lightweight, time-saver blow dry primer gives your hair 24-hour lasting volume and heat protection up to 230˚.
3. Shu Uemura Art of Hair Blow Dry Beautifier - a thermo serum that acts like a BB cream for your hair to protect and smooth while using your hair dryer.
4. L'Oréal Professionnel Tecni.ART Morning After Dust – one of the most important hair drying tips is an invisible dry shampoo that will give your blow dry some added guts and longevity.
Interested in an in salon blow dry? Use our salon locator to book an appointment with a stylist near you.
Oops, something went wrong! Please try again later...