We’ve teamed up with Luke Pluckrose, Creative Director at Saks Hair & Beauty in London to deliver the freshest rendition on the world’s most flattering look (video included).
Be Part Of The Wavy Hair Gang With These Expert Hair Tips
If you’re not feeling poker straight hair or curly hair, waves are the way forward when it comes to textured hair. Wavy hair is having a moment with on-trend styles like #wavylob racking up thousands of likes on social media.
How to get wavy hair that everyone wants?
Want to join the wavy hair cool girl gang? Read on for the techniques and tricks on how to get wavy hair…
The Wave Makers: How To Get Wavy Hair
If you want your hair waves to last - and look polished - it’s all in the prep work.
Add these products to your kit list to kick-start your ultimate cool girl waves:
- Kérastase L’Incroyable a double tonic for heat protection and controlling the shape of your waves.
- Biolage R.A.W Texturizing Styling Spray for loose beachy waves with effortless texture and movement.
- L’Oréal Professionnel Siren Waves for frizz-free waves that look defined and polished.
Straighteners vs Hair Tongs: How To Get Wavy Hair Guide
Now you’ve got your hair foundations sorted, you can reach for your hair wave weapon of choice... Whether you prefer to use straightening iron or curling tong, the heated tool you style your hair with is down to the one you find easiest to use, but also the type of wave you’re looking for…
Whichever tool you’re waving with, try and get into the routine of spritzing on a heat protector first to avoid damage and boost hold.
How To Get Wavy Hair, Short Hair vs Long Hair
Should your techniques be different if you’re waving long hair or short hair? The answer is ‘yes’, according to Ashleigh. If you’ve had a recent haircut, tweak your styling depending on if your hair’s above or below shoulder-length.
If you have long hair and find your waves keep dropping out, try using volumising mousse as a prep product to achieve extra strength and pliability when you’re styling.
Five Ways on How To Get Wavy Hair
It’s official waves are wildly versatile, so experiment with different types of waves and styling products. Read on for Ashleigh Hodges’ ultimate how to get wavy hair guide:
- Always use a heat protection spray to keep your hair from drying out and staying wavy for longer. I love Matrix StyleLink Heat Buffer Thermal Styling Spray.
- Mix up your techniques. For a more undone look, just wave the mid-band of the hair and leave the roots and ends. To achieve a more glamour Seventies vibe, wave from root to tip.
- For speedy, loose waves in the morning, braid or twist your hair before bedtime and use a loose band to secure to avoid obvious kinks.
- If you have naturally curly hair or wavy hair, using a good control curl cream will help with definition. Twist into your hair and leave it to dry naturally.
:: Once you’ve got your ultimate waves, avoid brushes. Shake them out with a wide-tooth comb or your ﬁngers instead, and finish with a light hairspray for some natural hold.
Oops, something went wrong! Please try again later...