We’ve compiled this handy guide featuring the top 4 tips you need to know about caring for your hair while you go through this natural transition
Steampod: We Tested The Flat Iron That Takes Care Of Your Hair
We tested L’Oréal Professionnel’s new and improved Steampod 2.0 hair styling tool - here’s how it styles and takes care of your hair at the same time!L’Oréal Professionnel’s salon hair styling tool, Steampod, has been showcased as a star product in the hair and beauty world since its debut in 2012. Now re-engineered with perfected technology, we couldn’t wait to get our hands on the new and improved Steampod 2.0 New Generation. We got together with Ciaran Purcell, Head of Retail at Peter Mark to deep dive into the ins-and-outs of the hair straightening heat tool. The results of our test run have shown that there’s truth behind the hype; here’s why we love it so much.
What Is a Steampod?
Steampod: A Giant Leap Forward For Hair Styling ProductsThis steam-powered hair straightener was first launched in 2012, after years of meticulous research in collaboration with Rowenta Salon Electrical. The hair styling tool combines patented German technological innovations with a classic French design.
Its successor, the Steampod 2.0 Nouvelle Génération, was released in 2015 as the new and improved model. According to the experts, it boasts better build, better performance and even better hair results. It is also available in two versions: a black model specifically tailored for in-salon use by expert stylists, and a white model made for personal at-home use. Hair professionals can now confidently recommend an accessible do-it-at home tool to their clients that they trust will achieve salon-approved results.
The Science: How Steampod Creates Astounding Professional ResultsThe Steampod has an advanced heat styling complex. Its patented steam technology and built-in water filtration system makes for an even, controlled release of purified vapor to help prevent damage to your strands.
We Tried It: Steampod 2.0
On paper the Steampod has a lot to offer. The real question is: Is it too good to be true? We’ve broken down the top things to know:
● It’s gorgeous. It’s minimalist and modern, and we couldn’t wait to get our hands on it as soon as we saw it!
● The slim build is impressive considering its power. It’s also super lightweight!
● It is easy to handle and a dream to use thanks to its intuitive interface.
● The side bristles brush through your strands as you steam.
● The steam is only released when the irons are pressed together, so that it can last throughout an entire styling session.
● Even with five high heat settings, there is no dry or brittle texture after using.
● There is an amazing shine to the hair after styling, even after the first use.
● Hair does not look so straight that it’s flat - it’s lightly volumized, airy, and keeps a natural, supple movement to the hair.
● Hair feels super silky to the touch as if it was just brushed and conditioned.
● Long-lasting - there is still noticeable softness even after a couple washes.
● Quick styling sessions, usually taking 15 minutes or less.
● “Clients love how easy the Steampod is to use and the amazing results they can achieve. They also love how versatile the product is and not only can they create beautiful smooth straight hair but they can also create gorgeous soft waves too“ exclaims Ciaran on behalf of his clientele.
Our Final Thoughts?
After a successful trial run with the Steampod 2.0, we think it is the new necessity in your hair accessory arsenal. It is worth the splurge as a risk-free, long-term investment.
Oops, something went wrong! Please try again later...